Monday, March 31, 2008

I call it "research."

So, Script Frenzy starts tonight at midnight. When you calculate it as writing 3.4 pages of dialogue and action a day for the next 30 days, it doesn't sound so bad.

To facilitate my brainstorming, I finished disc 2 of "The Untouchables" last night. Extremely inaccurate, but definitely entertaining. Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll's portrayal was especially riveting, in a "lol psycho gangster" kind of way. If I were just a drop more obsessed, I could go to the Bronx to find his grave, but I'm not. (He was gunned down in a drugstore on 23rd Street and 8th Avenue, which is within walking distance from where I am right now.)

Believe me when I say, though, that I don't think these gangsters were cool or anything. There's nothing cool about murderers. (I actually feel dirty for owning a cheap souvenir t-shirt with John Dillinger's mug shot on it.) To me they're just...well, interesting. They just happen to be a main fixture in the larger world of the '20s and '30s, which I am completely obsessed with.

That being said, Dead Guys In Suits is my kind of blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment